Dr Pooja is a highly motivated and enthusiastic medical oncologist with more than 5 years of experience. She has expertise in the field of oncology including evaluation, diagnosis, staging and offering personalized care plans for all kinds of solid and haematological malignancies.
Dr Pooja keeps herself updated with the latest advancements in cancer guidelines and follows international protocols for cancer care. With her empathetic nature and patient-centric approach, she aims to provide comprehensive and holistic cancer care to every patient. She believes in creating a positive environment and uplifting patient spirit for optimal cancer care.
Areas of Interest
- Chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy and hormonal therapy
- Precision oncology, cancer screening, palliative care and oncological emergencies
- Multidisciplinary tumour board case discussion, head and neck cancers
- Thoracic malignancies and breast cancer, gynaecological malignancies, gastrointestinal malignancies and genitourinary malignancies, solid malignancies, hematological malignancies
- Skin soft tissue and bone tumours, endocrine and neuroendocrine neoplasm, neuro-oncology, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and chronic leukaemia
Education and Training
- MBBS, Maharashtra University of Health Science (MUHS)
- MD Radiation Oncology and Senior Residency from Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai
- DM Medical Oncology (Gold Medalist), Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology-Bengaluru, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)
- European Certification in Medical Oncology by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Diploma in Medico Legal System and MBA in Hospital Management
Dr Pooja is a gold medalist with record-breaking marks in DM Medical Oncology, RGUHS. She scored the highest marks and holds distinctions in 5 subjects and was a gold medalist in MBBS, MUHS. She has previously worked with premier cancer hospitals like Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru and has also worked as a consultant in Medical Oncology at American Oncology Institute, Gurugram.