Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is a common condition among women of child-bearing age in which estrogen and progesterone hormone levels are out of balance. This imbalance causes the growth of cysts on a woman’s ovaries which can affect her menstrual cycle and fertility. Consulting a gynaecologist in gurgaon at The CK Birla Hospital will help reduce the severity of PCOS symptoms. Here are some diet and lifestyle changes you should carry out if you are suffering from PCOS.
Exercise few steps to achieve it
Many research studies have shown that it takes a modest amount of weight loss of 5 to 10 kg or 5 to 10% of initial body weight to reduce insulin resistance by about 50% and restore ovulation. Our multispeciality hospital in gurgaon will be happy to help you in dealing with PCOS.
- High protein, low carb, low fat diet
- 1000-1500 kcal per day
- Eat several small meals a day
- Give up tobacco
- Aim to achieve 5% weight loss
- Baseline activity is low in PCOS patients
- RECOVERY WORKOUT – focus on things like joint mobility and deep breathing
- Leisure strolls
- Regular exercise plan – work out should be the first thing in the morning
- It is a staple of most exercise programs
- Squats simultaneously work the biggest muscle group in your body quadriceps, gluteus and back muscles.
- Inhale and lower your body like you are sitting down in a chair until your thighs are parallel to the ground
Keep your torso stiff as you exhale and press your body back up to standing
- Include high intensity interval training in your cardio program
- Sneak more walking into your day
- Make push-ups part of your program
- Get 8 hours of sleep each night
AND STAY PCOS FREE!!!
Get in touch with us