At the CK Birla Hospital, we aim to consistently deliver the best patient care by utilising the latest innovations in healthcare. We offer expert and comprehensive surgical diagnosis for all ailments associated with bone, musculoskeletal problems, joint disorders and tumours (benign and malefic). Assisting our award-winning orthopaedic & surgical oncology teams is the latest innovation in surgical approach called Robot-assisted surgery. Robot-assisted surgery helps us take arthroscopy, joint replacement and oncology related surgical procedures to the next level of finesse, giving patients the best possible treatment to lead a healthy life again. This not only helps our patients experience minimal postoperative pain but also protects them from some unnecessary complications usually associated with traditional surgery. With a reduced duration of hospital stay, patients get the chance to resume their normal activities much faster. Our commitment to delivering the highest standards of clinical excellence reflects in the combination of robotic systems with specialised surgical skills to ensure each patient benefits in the long run.
Advantages of Robotic Surgeries over Traditional Approach
- Minimally invasive procedure for faster healing.
- AI powered 3D imaging helps plan the surgery better.
- Greater precision and accuracy to reach difficult areas.
- Reduced blood loss and other unwanted complications.
- Faster recovery with short hospital stay.
Given the success and convenience of robot-assisted surgeries, currently, it is also a preferred approach over laparoscopy in other medical disciplines like gynaecology, bariatric surgery, head and neck surgery, and even cardiac surgeries. Conventional laparoscopic surgery has proven to be beneficial over time due to its minimally invasive approach, but robotic surgeries offer even better advantages.
Advantages of Robotic Surgeries over Laparoscopy
- A wider operative field visualisation makes the process easier.
- Fine and small incisions or ports ensure full control and faster recovery.
- Post-recovery the outcome looks more natural to the body.
- It has a shorter hospitalisation period.
- It ensures far lesser blood loss.
- Next to no complications.
- It also helps utilise the skills of a surgeon to their full potential. Know how?
Types of Surgeries using Robotic Systems
- Robotic Spinal Surgeries: Conventional, freehand surgeries need high levels of intraoperative imaging to ensure the accuracy of the procedure. However, Robotic systems not only provide thorough AI based imaging but also eliminate the chances of overlooked errors and ensure that complex disorders can be effectively treated.
- Robotic Joint Replacement Surgeries: Robotic joint replacement surgeries have shown exceptionally improved outcomes compared to traditional knee replacements. Over time, it has evolved as a powerful tool for surgeons to accomplish parts of the procedure that require the steadiest hand and navigate small places which were earlier very difficult. The robotic system provides the surgeon with a 3-D magnified view of the operating field. This helps ensure increased precision & accuracy of surgical movements.
- Robotic Total Hip Replacement Surgeries: Similar to robotic joint replacement surgeries, this approach has shown similar improvement in outcomes with hip replacement as well. The robotic system helps provide appropriate cuts with utmost precision. This helps artificial implants to fit in properly without compromising on body alignment. Additionally, based on patient data it also suggests ways to prepare the bone to stabilise it and balance the implant.
- Robotic Sciatica Surgery: Sciatica is often caused by lower spine problems, such as a herniated disc or a bone spur. Sciatica surgery is opted for when your pain persists despite medications prescribed, resulting in inability to work, carry out hobbies or activities, and it is affecting daily life in general. Some patients suffer lack of bladder or bowel control, weakness and numbness in the legs, which necessitates surgery. Robotics helps make the surgery precise with quick healing to benefit the patient permanently.
- Robotic GI Cancer Surgery: In case of gastrointestinal cancers and tumours, the biggest concerns are the delicate existence and removal of tumours, managing negative space left post surgery, and infections or blood loss. Combining the benefits of minimally invasive approach, faster recovery times, less scarring with enhanced operative precision, robotic surgery gives patients a chance to avail best surgical outcomes.
- Robotic Head & Neck Cancer Surgery: When patients suffer from deterioration in speech, swallowing and facial or neck scars, Trans-Oral Robotic Surgeries (TORS) are performed using the latest emerging technology. It lets surgeons access areas in the throat that are narrow or difficult to reach to help them remove the tumour using precision led robotic arms. Thanks to a broader peripheral view and magnified HD optics, we can avoid extensive external incisions needed in open surgeries. Cancer found in tonsils, tongue, thyroid and neck are mostly under the purview of robotic surgery.
- Robotic Urologic Cancer Surgery: Robotic surgeries provide an easier, safer and more desirable treatment path to both surgeons and the patients suffering from urologic cancers. It is a preferred approach for highly delicate cancers found in prostate glands, kidneys (including organ removal) and urinary bladder. The precision and AI support of robotic technology helps removal of lymph nodes with minimised negative space in case of testicular and penile cancer.
Advantages of Robotics in surgeries from a patient standpoint:
- Lower Morbidity: minimal muscle cuts, faster recovery time, higher precision, less bleeding than manual surgeries.
- Quicker Rehab: Physiotherapy required after robotic surgeries is just for 10 – 15 days compared to 45 – 60 days in case of traditional surgery.
- Faster Recovery: 50% faster recovery period compared to manual surgery with less surgical trauma.
- Minimal Revision Rate: Manual surgeries often lead to revision surgeries after a period of time. Chances of relapse of the condition requiring a re-surgery are very low in case of robotic surgeries.
- Smaller incisions, lower infections: Much smaller cuts compared to traditional approach therefore chances of infection are much lower.
Why choose us?
We provide trusted expertise and compassionate care that is driven by research, in-depth experience of our surgeons and advanced robotic technologies. Specialised services for best in class joint replacement, trauma injuries, spinal surgery, sports injury management, paediatric ortho, orthopaedic oncology and every kind of surgical oncology procedures.
Highlights of Robotic Surgery
- Multidisciplinary team approach.
- Innovation-driven healthcare solutions.
- Fracture risk assessment technology.
- Fast and comprehensive recovery assured.
- Daycare and arthroscopic procedures.
- World-class physiotherapy support.
- End-to-end rehabilitation support post-surgery.
Our Robotic Surgeons
Be a super-mom, stay informed about pregnancy health updates with our weekly newsletter
[contact-form-7 id=”16292″ title=”Subscribe”]