Robotic or Robot-assisted surgery is taking minimal access surgery to the next level with a plethora of advantages for the surgeon as well as the patient. Currently used in a majority of surgical procedures, it has enabled surgeons to perform common and complex procedures with greater safety and precision. Results have proven to be beneficial from the patient’s as well as the surgeon’s perspective.
Our award-winning team of highly experienced surgeons, are skilled in performing life saving surgeries like:
- Robotic Joint Replacement Surgeries: Over time, it has evolved as a powerful tool for surgeons to accomplish parts of the procedure that require the steadiest hand and navigate small places which were earlier very difficult.
- Robotic Spine Surgeries: With a 3-D magnified view of the operating field surgeons get increased precision & accuracy in movements during the procedures to treat lower spine for sciatica.
- Robotic Total Hip Replacement Surgeries: A suture-less surgical approach ensures appropriate cuts with utmost precision, ideal for artificial implants to fit in properly without compromising on body alignment, ensuring balance & stability.
The team pays special attention to providing a holistic Pain Management plan, during and post-surgery, to ensure the highest success rates with reduced complications.
We have a Fully Active Robotic Joint Replacement system. This is a technology that has pioneered fine precision robotic surgery with a first-of-its-kind robot. The robotic system
- Conducts the procedure under the supervision of an experienced surgeon.
- Offers precision and dexterity in cutting and milling.
- Enhances the replacement procedure by ensuring maximum accuracy.
- Provides mid-course correction due to its in-built AI with the help of constant feedback to ensure the best outcome.
- Prevents causes and incidence of repeat surgery.
Since the robot is active, it doesn’t just assist the surgeon but also provides real-time feedback for the surgeon to act on and change course in case of any unforeseen issues.
- Automated Robotic Surgical System
- 3D CT-based surgical planning
- Fully automatic cutting
- No cutting guides (jigs) needed
- Tibial cut including keel preparation.
- Fully finished femur with all cuts and peg holes.
- Emergency stop and manual guide
- Optical Tracking System (OTS)
- Wide surgical space and high freedom (6-axis articulated robot)
- Patient-robot position guide
- Speed control during cutting
- Compact hardware, minimised product space
As in the case of traditional joint replacement surgery, the robotic approach also removes the arthritic portion of the knee and replaces it with an artificial joint to form the new surface of the knee joint.
- First, the patients must make an informed decision with proper counselling with the surgeon about the procedure.
- Then the patient proceeds to get high-end CT scans performed of the localised area for the surgery.
- These CT scans are used to build a 3-Dimensional model of the patient’s knee.
- Finally, the surgery plan is devised.
- The patient is connected to the robot and stabilised for surgery.
- This virtual 3D prototype acts as a guide throughout the procedure.
- First, the location is reverified with the 3D prototype.
- Then the surgeon uses the AI inputs from the robot to select the right kind of artificial joint customised to suit each patient.
- The robot reviews the procedure and assists the surgeon to make accurate bone cuts with the robotic arm.
- Finally, the knee implant components are precisely placed and aligned.
The approach benefits both the surgeon performing the surgery and the patient undergoing the surgery.
- No sutures, reduced pain and scar-free natural looking postoperative body.
- Real-time monitoring to accommodate for any intraoperative change of plans due to unforeseen complications.
- Sub-millimetre accuracy ensures overall longevity and durability of implantation.
- Prevents bone, ligament and blood loss to a great extent.
- High-end CT scan image simulation for a 3D Surgical prototype helps make precise cuts during the operation.
- Excellent surgical track record of our award-winning orthopaedic surgery team.
- Minimal scope for human intervention causing infections and complications.
- Optimum implant positioning with the finest cutting accuracy.
A Robotic System is a fully automated, active technology. It offers multiple benefits to both the surgeon and the patient. It is the most advanced surgical equipment and the benefits of this robotic system can be summarised as:
- Simplicity: Allows pre-planning of the surgery through fine-tuned 3D CT imaging.
- Flexibility: Plan changing flexibility, range of cutting options, pre, intra and post-operative gap check.
- Accuracy: Precise surgical planning and resection through sub-millimetre dimensional accuracy, repeat precision < 0.5mm, positioning accuracy < 1mm.
- Safety: Bone movement monitoring to detect inappropriate movements and automated emergency freezing with the help of a pendant. Robot reaction time 0.1 millisecond.
We provide compassionate care that is driven by research, the experience of our orthopaedists, and advanced technologies such as computer-navigated procedures.
Highlights of the Department:
Specialised experts for joint replacement, cold trauma, spinal surgery, sports injury management, foot & ankle disorders, paediatric ortho, orthopaedic oncology
- Multidisciplinary team approach.
- Computer-assisted navigation for exceptional surgical outcomes.
- Free fracture risk assessment technology.
- Full and fast recovery assured.
- Daycare and arthroscopic procedures.
- World-class physiotherapy centre.
- Complete rehabilitation support post-surgery.