Dr Vinay Samuel Gaikwad is a dynamic and extensively trained cancer surgeon. He has a rich clinical experience of more than two decades and has previously been associated with some of the top hospitals in India. He completed his Fellowship in GI & HPB Surgical Oncology from Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai and & MSKCC, New York. He is proficient in performing some of the most advanced cancer surgeries like HIPEC & PIPAC. Dr Gaikwad has authored several articles for both national and international publications. Dr Vinay brings with him a wide experience of more than 21 years and has previously been associated with hospitals of repute including Christian Medical College (Ludhiana), Tata Memorial Hospital (Mumbai), Artemis Hospital (Gurgaon), Paras Hospital (Gurgaon), Asian Institute of Medical Sciences (Faridabad).
Areas of interest
- Advanced Minimal Access Surgical Oncology
- Pancreatic and Hepatobiliary (Liver) Cancer surgery
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Upper GI (Stomach and Esophagus) Cancer Surgery
- Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Pressurized Intraperitoneal Aerosolised Chemotherapy (PIPAC)
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Pancreatic cancer
- Liver cancer
- Breast cancer
- Multiple myeloma
- Ovary cancer
- Bone tumour
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
Education and training
- MBBS from Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- MS in General Surgery from Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
- Fellow of Association of Surgeons of India (FAIS)
- Fellow of Minimal Access Surgeons (FMAS)
- Fellow of Indian Association of Gastro Endoscopic Surgeons (FIAGES)
- Fellow of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery (FALS)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellowship in Advanced GI Surgery from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
- Fellowship in GI oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Hepatopancreatobiliary Oncology Training from MSKCC, New York
Dr Vinay is one of the best cancer specialists I have met. My father was suffering from GI cancer for some time now. We visited many doctors but nobody could help him until we met Dr Vinay at the CK Birla Hospital. Dr Vinay is very patient, understanding and genuinely caring for his patient’s health. Since we started taking treatment from him, my dad’s health has significantly improved. I thank him and his team for all the care. Thanks to the whole team of CK Birla Hospital.
Excellent care by Dr Vinay. He has a very passionate team supporting him. I met him when I was suffering from a tumour in my pancreas. I had a comprehensive treatment. I felt very comfortable during the treatment. Dr Vinay always explained everything to me so that I felt less nervous and gained more confidence. The treatment was successful and I have been meeting him for follow-up. Very satisfied and happy with the experience. Thanks to the whole team of CK Birla Hospital.
Dr Vinay is an exemplary surgical oncologist. He is a brilliant doctor with a passion for healing his patients. His team is also very proactive and supportive. I really like his approach and am glad that I visited him for treatment. Thanks to the doctor and his team. Thanks to the whole team of CK Birla Hospital.