Why choose us?
The purpose of risk assessment is to identify individuals at elevated cancer risk who may benefit from genetic testing, additional screening and preventive measures. We offer high-end tools and techniques to evaluate your risk for different types and stages of cancer. Our cancer specialists provide personalised assessments to identify your unique risk factors.
About risk assessment & prevention
Cancer is one of the most prevalent diseases in India. It is important to understand your risk for the disease in order to practice preventive measures. The risk assessment service at the Oncology Centre is aimed at analysing and studying personal unique risks and biological markers of patients. Our cancer specialists then provide prevention or management protocols based on the levels of risk.
The department of Cancer at the CK Birla Hospital is dedicated to establishing and maintaining the highest health and safety standards for all patients. This is performed through the Risk Assessment process:
- All risks and possible consequences in the workplace must be identified
- Identification of risks that may affect the patients
- Action against any possible predictable accidents, injuries, or close misses
- Precautions and control methods that are necessary to take
- be implemented as part of the department’s safety management system. The management at the CK Birla Hospital brings the best-in-class equipment, chemicals, and medical services to the patients
- be reviewed on a regular basis, every six months to check if any changes, such as the requirement of new equipment or if any new medical procedures need to be implemented
Here is a list of some common factors that increase your chances of developing cancer, in general:
- Alcohol consumption and smoking
- Obesity or being overweight
- Breast implants
- Old age
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic changes
- Family history of the disease
- Exposure to radiation
- Personal history of the disease
- Choosing not to breastfeed
- Starting menstruation early
- Reaching menopause at an advanced age
- Specific chemicals
Based on your risk factors, your cancer specialist can help formulate a care plan for you. This care plan will be aimed at minimising your risk. Some common preventive measures include:
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Engaging in regular exercise and fitness
- Eating a nutrient-dense diet
- Avoiding or limiting alcohol
- Avoiding smoking
- Genetic counselling and testing
- Routine cancer screenings
- Medicinal therapy
I visit the CK Birla Hospital almost regularly for screening and prevention. They have a world-class oncology centre that has all the facilities for the prevention and detection of various types of cancer. I am very impressed with their services. Thanks to the whole team of CK Birla Hospital.
The CK Birla Hospital is the best place for risk assessment and prevention of cancer. The doctors are very friendly and offer specialised ways for the prevention of cancer. The hospital is furnished with top-class tools and is very nicely built. Very nice experience. Thanks to the whole team of CK Birla Hospital.
Excellent experience at the Oncology Centre of CK Birla Hospital. The hospital is very nicely maintained. It is furnished with best-in-class services. The doctors are very smart and intelligent. The staff is also very supportive and caring. Thanks to the whole team of CK Birla Hospital.
Common tests for breast cancer screening include mammography, breast exam, MRI and tissue sampling.
Assessment tools include screening tests, clinical breast examination (CBE) & tactile breast examination (TBE).