Things you need to know
-The common cold and flu have become more prevalent, particularly during winter seasons when the early symptoms of covid are similar to those of the common cold and flu.
-If you have any signs or symptoms of covid, the first step should be to seek medical advice and have yourself tested.
-Covid recovery takes longer than a regular cold or flu.
In winters, staying healthy by avoiding viral diseases becomes more important than ever. Especially with the covid-19 still widely spreading, many are wondering how to manage flue, cold along with covid-19. With the pandemic going on, it becomes overwhelming and burdened to worry about such seasonal colds and flues as well.
Discussing the difference between common cold, flu and covid
- Covid is more contagious than the common cold and flu
- Covid spreads more widely than the common cold and flu
- The recovery period of covid is longer than the common cold and flu
- In common cold and flu, the loss of taste and smell and other respiratory difficulties is milder than covid
- The aftermath or side effects of covid can last from a few days to a month as compared to common cold and flu
Similarities and differences between covid and flu
- Fever or feeling feverish
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste and smell
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Severe headache due to nose congestion
- Feeling tired
Vomiting and diarrhea may occur in some people, but it is more prevalent in children than adults.
Differences between covid and flu
- In flu, symptoms may appear between 1 to 4 days after the infection, and in covid, the symptoms can appear 2 to 14 days after infection
- Flu is contagious for approximately 1 to 2 days, but covid-19 is contagious for at least 10-11 days or unless tested negative
- The covid-19 virus spreads to a larger population is much faster than the flu
- Covid 19 virus is more harmful and infectious than the flu virus
Similarities and differences between cold and flu
- Fever is rare in cold but mild to high in flu
- Body aches in cold are mild and moderate to severe in flu
- Cough is mild in common cold and moderate to severe in flu
- Headache is unusual in cold and moderate to severe in flu
- Sneezing is common in cold and mild or occasionally in flu
- Feeling tired is mild in cold and moderate to severe in flu
- Vomiting/diarrhea is very rare in the common cold and can occasionally happen in the flu
- The severity of symptoms is mild in cold and moderate to severe in flu
The symptoms of covid have changed in the 3rd wave. There is a partial loss of taste and smell after 7-8 days of being infected, fever with low-grade impact, and cough with phlegm is the common symptoms found in people.
Lungs are the most affected organs in covid 19.
It takes approximately 5-6 days for the symptoms of coronavirus to appear.