Dr Virender Sekhon is one of the very few trained Paediatric Urologists in the country and has been a pioneer in establishing Paediatric Urology as a separate branch. In her decade and a half long experience, Dr Sekhon has been proficiently managing various genito-urinary problems in children, right from antenatal period until puberty.
After competing her MS in General Surgery from NSCB Medical College, Jabalpur, Dr Sekhon did her super-speciality training from India’s premier medical institutes – MCh in Paediatric Surgery from PGIMER, Chandigarh and PDF in Paediatric Urology from SGPGI, Lucknow. She was only the second candidate to receive formal training in Paediatric Urology in India. Pursuing her passion for the subject, Dr Sekhon did her International Paediatric Urology Fellowship from the University of Minnesota, USA; Robotic Paediatric Urology Fellowships from the University of Chicago, USA and ORSI Academy, Melle, Belgium. She has been a visiting scholar in Paediatric Urology across the globe and has worked closely with Paediatric Urologists of International repute at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, USA; The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, USA; Sidra Medicine, Doha, Qatar and St Medica, Belgrade, Serbia. She became the first candidate to be bestowed a Fellowship in Paediatric Urology by the prestigious Society of Paediatric Urology, India.
- Small penile length
- Hydronephrosis/ kidney swelling
- Urinary tract infection
- Urine leak
- Bladder exstrophy
- Posterior urethral valve
- Inguinal hernia
- Undescended and torsion testis
- Testicular implant
- Kidney and bladder stones tumours
- Minimally invasive and Robotic paediatric urology
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), NSCB MCH, Jabalpur
- Master of Surgery (MS), General Surgery, NSCB MCH, Jabalpur
- Master of Chirurgie (MCh), Paediatric Surgery, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Post Doctoral Fellow (PDF), Paediatric Urology, SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- UMN- SIU Leo Fung Memorial International Pediatric Fellowship, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
- AUA – IAUA Chakrobortty Fellowship and Pratap Reddy Invited Observership, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, USA
Dr Virender Sekhon is having an overall experience of more than 13 years. Before joining CK Birla Hospital®, she was running the department of Paediatric Urology as a Senior Consultant, Medanta- The Medicity, Gurugram.