Dr Chirag Arora is a board-certified, fellowship-trained Orthopaedic surgeon. Specialising in shoulder and knee problems his special interest includes sports injuries around the shoulder, knee and hip and joint replacement. Dr Chirag Arora has bagged several awards and accolades for his clinical expertise and compassionate care.
Dr Chirag Arora has rich clinical experience of 10 + years spread across several institutes of repute such as Indian Spinal Injury Centre, MAMC and LNJP Hospital, PGIMER Chandigarh. He has performed more than 2000 surgeries using the latest techniques. He is a reputed member of IOA, DOA and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Dr Chirag Arora has interest in research, publication and presentation. He has presented research papers at numerous conferences including the Indian Orthopaedic Association Conference (IOACON), World Trauma Congress, SICOT, APOA Congress, Indian Association of Sports Medicine, and IBOSCON.
Dr Chirag Arora has bagged several esteemed awards including the Best paper award at IOACON 2015, DOACON 2017, COSCON 2017, and Best poster award at Geriatric orthopaedic society of India conference and YOUNG ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON grant to attend the APOA SPORTS MEETING April 2019. He is a reputed member of the Delhi Orthopaedic Association, Indian Orthopaedic Association, AO, SICOT, APOA, IASM, Indian Arthroscopy Society, Indian Society of Hip & Knee Surgeons, ISKSAA and AAOS.
He has been involved in teaching residents, interns, physiotherapy graduates and other paramedical workers. He has also been a part of a committee involved in formulating guidelines for the management of open fracture and spinal trauma at our institution, CK Birla Hospital.
Areas of interest
- Knee sports injuries (ACL, PCL, meniscus tear)
- Shoulder sports injuries (Rotator cuff tear)
- Recurrent dislocation (shoulder/knee) management
- Joint replacement surgery
- Shoulder and knee trauma surgeries
- Pelvic acetabular trauma
- Arthroscopy (shoulder/knee) surgeries
Education and Training
- MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College
- MS (Orthopaedic surgery) from University college of medical sciences and GTB Hospitals
- DNB Orthopaedics (National board of examinations)
- DIP SICOT (SICOT SOUTH AFRICA)
- MNAMS from National Academy of Medical Sciences
- FIFA Diploma in sports medicine from Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA)
- Fellowship of International College of Surgeons
- Advanced spine cadaveric course from PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Basic spine cadaveric course from PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Advanced Arthroscopy Course (SRMC)
- Basic arthroscopy course from Bombay orthopaedic society
- AO Basic fracture course from DMC, Ludhiana
Dr Chirag Arora started his journey with MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, MS (Ortho) from UCMS, Delhi & GTB Hospital. He further served as a senior resident (super specialisation) at PGIMER, Chandigarh. He then went for fellowship training at Ortho-One Speciality Clinic, Coimbatore for Arthroscopy and Sports injuries with Prof David V Rajan. He further completed an advanced shoulder/knee surgical fellowship at the University of Aarhus, Denmark (SICOT fellowship). He previously worked at ISIC & Max Superspeciality Hospital, Delhi. He recently completed a fellowship from the International College of Surgeons (USA).