Dr. Anjali Kumar
Dr Anjali Kumar is a renowned obstetrician, gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon in Gurgaon with rich expertise of more than 29 years. She has invented a unique technique called the ‘Kumar’s Technique’ – ‘Reverse Uterine Closure Technique’ that is used for suturing a very thin lower uterine segment in previous LSCS patients. This technique has been presented, published, and accepted at the apex national and international conference – AICOG 2015 and FIGO -Vancouver 2015. She was awarded in 2019 by ‘The Economic Times’ as “inspiring Gynaecologist of North India”. Popular for her concept of “Natural Childbirth Oriented Pregnancy Care”, she is among the first obstetricians in and around NCR to start patient educational programs and labour preparation antenatal classes for expectant couples in Gurgaon. Prior to joining the CK Birla Hospital, she was the Chairperson & Head – Obstetrics & Gynaecology, at Artemis Health Institute Gurgaon. In the past, she has led the departments at Paras Hospital, Gurgaon, and various army hospitals.
Areas of interest
- High-risk pregnancies and deliveries
- Vaginal Births After Caesarean
- Vaginal and abdominal surgeries
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancies and Ovarian cysts
- Laparoscopic fertility enhancing surgeries
- Laparoscopic endometriosis surgeries
- Operative hysteroscopic surgeries- septal resections, myomectomies, polypectomies, synechiolysis
- Menstrual disorders
- Gynaecological cancer
- Pregnancy complications
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cysts
Education & Training
- MBBS from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- MD in Obstetrics & Gynecology from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- Certificate course in Endoscopy – Ethicon Endo-Surgery Institute and World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Certificate course in Endoscopy – Indian Association of Gynecologic Endoscopists
- Certificate course in Ultrasound – FOGSI certified Institute of Ultrasound Training, New Delhi affiliated to Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia USA
- Fetal Medicine Foundation UK – Certificate of Competence in Ultrasound (18-23 weeks)
PCOD is a highly prevalent gynaecological issue with every 1 in 7 women affected. Learn about the symptoms, causes and management of PCOD.
Plan your birthing options in advance. Learn the differences between normal delivery and the cesearn section.
Stay cautious and informed. Watch this video to learn why is the flu vaccine even more significant during pregnancy?
“I have always consulted Dr Anjali Kumar for my health issues. When my daughter complained of immense period pain, I immediately took her to meet Dr Anjali. I had complete faith in her and from my experience I have known how wonderful she is with her patients. She is an amazing doctor whom you can trust. My daughter felt very comfortable during the appointments and very soon after the treatment started, she began to feel relieved and healthier. Best doctor”. Thanks to the whole team of CK Birla Hospital.
“Dr Anjali Kumar is a very smart and polite gynaecologist. She is very intelligent and takes a very keen interest in the health of her patients. What I like most about her is that she is always approachable and you can ask her anything. She helps her patients understand everything so that they can lead a better life even after the treatment. Totally recommended.” Thanks to the whole team of CK Birla Hospital.
“Dr Anjali Kumar is the most amazing doctor for women’s health. I love her approach and her compassionate nature. I visited her with problems with my menstrual cycle. She examined my problem thoroughly and later we discovered that I was suffering from endometriosis. She calmed me down and explained me my treatment options. She was with me at every point throughout the treatment. She is always available and makes sure that none of her patients are disturbed or uneasy. I am totally healthy now and visit her at the CK Birla Hospital for routine checkup. I recommend her to everyone who has similar problems as mine. Very good experience.” Thanks to the whole team of CK Birla Hospital.