Dr Anjali Kumar is a renowned obstetrician gynecologist and laparoscopic surgeon in Delhi NCR. She is a top gynaecologist in Gurgaon and among the most experienced specialists in her field with rich expertise of more than 29 years.
She has invented a unique technique called the ‘Kumar’s Technique’ – ‘Reverse Uterine Closure Technique’ that is used for suturing a very thin lower uterine segment in previous LSCS patients. This technique has been presented, published, and accepted at the apex national and international conference – AICOG 2015 and FIGO -Vancouver 2015.
She is an advanced gynaecologic endoscopic surgeon and has successfully operated many cases till now from Delhi, NCR and even abroad. She was awarded in 2019 by ‘The Economic Times’ as “inspiring Gynaecologist of North India”.
Popular for her concept of “Natural Childbirth Oriented Pregnancy Care”, she is among the first obstetricians in and around NCR to start patient educational programs and labour preparation antenatal classes for expectant couples in Gurgaon. She has developed patient strategies and labour protocols to increase normal delivery rates and decrease caesarean/ instrumental deliveries and routinely encourages and focuses on VBACs (vaginal births after caesarean) cases.
- High-risk pregnancies and deliveries
- Vaginal Births After Caesarean
- Vaginal and abdominal surgeries
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancies and Ovarian cysts
- Laparoscopic fertility enhancing surgeries
- Laparoscopic endometriosis surgeries
- Operative hysteroscopic surgeries- septal resections, myomectomies, polypectomies, synechiolysis
- Menstrual disorders
- Gynaecological cancer
- Pregnancy complications
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Uterine fibroids
- Ovarian cysts
- MBBS from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- MD in Obstetrics & Gynecology from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- Certificate course in Endoscopy – Ethicon Endo-Surgery Institute and World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Certificate course in Endoscopy – Indian Association of Gynecologic Endoscopists
- Certificate course in Ultrasound – FOGSI certified Institute of Ultrasound Training, New Delhi affiliated to Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia USA
- Fetal Medicine Foundation UK – Certificate of Competence in Ultrasound (18-23 weeks)
Dr Anjali Kumar is an alumnus of the prestigious Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi. An ex-army officer, she has been serving as one of the best obstetrics and gynecology doctors for over 29 years. Prior to joining the CK Birla Hospital, she was the Chairperson & Head - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, at Artemis Health Institute Gurgaon. In the past, she has led the departments at Paras Hospital, Gurgaon, and various army hospitals during her stint with Army Medical Corps and was recognized as a Graded Specialist in Gynaecology.